Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Ring of Kerry





Wow... I was very surprised when I saw such beautiful landscape after I searched in Google of "Ring of Kurry" . It´s a ca. 180 km long road around Iveragh, a peninsula. When you move to Ireland it is a "must" to travel by bus or car on this road through the nature of Ireland, which is famous for natural places. But it is easier to do the trip clockwise when you drive on your own because the buses drive anticlockwise and maybe you aren´t able to overtake the bus and you have to dirve behind a big slowly omnibus....boring.














The views are fantastic with the big sea and feeds with animals like sheep.






You can drive to town on a smaller road and there are a lot of shops and restaurants because of the tourism. It is said that the Ring of Kurry is one of the most beautiful roads in the world. When I´d get the chance to take a trip to Ireland I think I ´d take an extra memory stick to my cam because of these wonderful various views!














2 comments:

  1. Nice entry about a nice road :-) I think you really SEARCHED for information :-)

    ReplyDelete